You probably spend a significant amount of time (networking, going to conferences and local meet-ups, polishing your resume) investing in your career. In all this time are you forgetting to invest in yourself?
Below we have compiled a list of professional certifications and online trainings, specific to the IT industry, to help set you apart from your peers and put your career on the fast track.
- Project Management Institute: Certifications in Project Management Professionals, Program Management Professionals (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP): globally recognized certification program, recognizing the recipients knowledge in the field of information study.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA): This globally recognized certification is for IS audit control, assurance and security professionals.
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM): CISM is a certification for management focused professionals looking to show their expertise in enterprise information security.
- Additional valuable certifications to look into if you are a IT professional – Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), ITIL and CompTIA A+.
Coursera: Specializations in Data Mining, Project Management Principles and Practices, Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Cloud Computing, Cybersecurity and Mobile Cloud Computing for Android from participating colleges and universities like the University of Pennsylvania, Duke University, University of Illinois, Georgia Institute of Technology, University of California and John Hopkins University.
Whatever route you decide to take, don’t wait for opportunities to fall into your lap, show initiative and bet on yourself.
Interested in additional resources and how to put this knowledge to work building your brand? Download our 8 Steps to Sell Yourself ebook.